- In the 12 months ending August 31st, 2017, there were 1815 sales of all property types, an 11% decrease over the same period in 2016. 2017 Marks the third consecutive year of above average numbers of sales.
- The twelve month average sale price of a Comox Valley home is $471,699, up 18% from 2016. The average lot price is $229, 674, up 27%.
- Apartment condos are the largest segment of the strata market. The current 12 month average price is $244,024, a 19% increase over the same period in 2016.
- YTD in 2017, 91 houses per month have sold. The 12 month median price is $450,000.
- The current 12 month average price in Cumberland is $503,150, up 36% over 2016. The largest current average sale price differential is between Courtenay City ($399,065) and Crown Isle ($694,833).
- The twelve month list/sell ratio is 80% and currently listings are selling for 98% of asking price in 26 days!
From Building Links:
- A proposed seniors housing complex near Cliffe Avenue and 29th Street received third reading August 21. Fronting onto Cliffe Avenue and the Courtenay Riverway. The complex has 79 independent living units in a four storey building and a two storey building with a 76 bed assisted care facility.
- Renovation of the Comox Mall includes the removal of a middle portion of the mall for additional parking and easier storefront access. The renovation is expected to be complete late this fall. Construction of a separate on-storey building to be facing Comox Avenue is expected to begin soon.
- The owner of a proposed multi-residential housing project at 31st Street and Cliffe Avenue expects to submit a building permit application this month, with construction beginning in late October or early November.